If you are transferring from HCC
If you are transferring -
FROM the Houston Community College System
- Meet with an academic advisor or counselor at your community college campus to discuss your academic goals, plans, and questions. Consider completing an associates degree before transferring. Some universities give preferential treatment in admission decisions, if a student transfers after completing his/her associates degree.
- If you need to transfer to another institution before the completion of your HCCS associate degree, you may be able to “transfer back” to HCCS your college credits from another institution in order to fulfill your associate degree requirements. In most cases, a student can “transfer back” up to 42 college-level semester hours of credit within three years of leaving HCCS to complete his/her associate degree requirements. (Note: all graduation requirements must be fulfilled. See HCCS catalog for more information.)
- Obtain a transfer plan from your HCCS counselor. A transfer plan lists the university-required courses which can be taken at HCCS toward your university bachelor degree major. If you are undecided about your choice of university or your choice of major, see a HCCS career counselor for more help.
- Apply for university admission and financial aid early before the university’s deadlines. Most universities have application fees. An admission application is not considered complete until all official documents are in and all fees are paid. (Note: applying early for financial aid can have a big impact on the aid you receive.) If housing is needed, application must also be made to the university’s Housing Office.
- All academic transcripts and TSI scores/status must be sent to your university of choice by the university’s admission deadline. To have your HCCS transcript sent to your university, call the HCCS Office of Student Records. Transcripts can be sent electronically or by mail. (Note: Universities require an academic transcript from every institution attended. HCCS cannot send copies of transcripts from other schools. We can only send an academic transcript of HCCS course work.)
- Financial Aid transcripts are also required to be sent to your university of choice. Stop by your HCCS Financial Aid office to fill out a Financial Aid Transcript Request Form.