Welcome to the Houston Community College – Community College of Qatar information page. If you are interested in applying for a position at the Community College of Qatar, please review the information below. Many of the required items are time consuming and should be initiated as soon as possible.
PASSPORT – All applicants, spouses, and children must have a valid passport in order to travel to Qatar. If you do not have a passport, you must apply for one as soon as possible. You may obtain an application form DS-11 online at the US Department of State website (http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html), or at your local Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency. Complete the application following the instructions provided, and return to your nearest acceptance agent. The average time to receive a passport is approximately four to six weeks. For an additional fee, you may request an expedited passport. The current cost to obtain a passport is $110 (Application Fee) + $25 (Execution Fee) and the fee for expedited service is $60.
QATAR IMMIGRATION REQUEST FOR VISA – In order to work in Qatar, you must have a work visa; a work permit may be obtained only by a local sponsor. A number of formalities must be observed, including the submission of academic and professional qualifications and a full medical examination. The average time to process a request is three to four weeks. To apply for a visa, the applicant is required to provide the following documents:
1. Original Diploma/Certificate from last/highest degree verified and authenticated. The original diploma must be stamped, signed and notarized by the Registrar’s office; just the seal of the college is not acceptable.
2. Original Marriage Certificate (if applicable) verified and authenticated.
3. Original Naturalization Certificate (if applicable) verified and authenticated.
4. Original Birth Certificate of Children (if applicable) verified and authenticated.
Each of these documents must be authenticated by the Secretary of State in the state where the document was issued, then by the US Department of State, and finally by the Qatari Authorities. The verification and authentication process takes a minimum of 3 weeks.
Note: If your documents were not issued in the United States, then your documents must be verified and authenticated by the Consulate General of the State of Qatar in the country where your documents were issued.
FBI Identification Record/Criminal Background Check
Each applicant must obtain clearance prior to leaving for Qatar. This process may take at least 12 weeks. You must follow the procedures listed below:
• Go to the police station and get cards with your fingerprints. If you live in Houston go to the Identification Unit of Houston Police Department.
• Request your FBI Identification Record/Criminal background Check.
• The report issued by the FBI must be notarized.
• The notarized report must be verified and authenticated by a governmental authority.
• The verified and authenticated FBI report must also be verified and authenticated by the Embassy of Qatar
• You must present the verified and authenticated report to the HCC-CCQ expatriate officer.