Who should apply?
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at Houston Community College is designed for business owners with limited resources who have a business poised for growth. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to growing their business and creating jobs within their community.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an owner or co-owner of a business
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues between $150,000 and $4.0 million in the most recent fiscal year
- Business with a minimum of four employees
What is required?
In order to receive maximum benefit from the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses education curriculum at Houston Community College, business owners are required to:
- Attend a mandatory program orientation
- Attend 11 pre-scheduled learning sessions
- Commit an additional 6–8 hours per week of out-of-class activities to work on your business. This includes completing assignments, attending networking events and business support clinics
- Develop a tailored plan for growth prior to graduation
If you’re interested in more information about the 10,000 Small Businesses education program or applying for a 10,000 Small Businesses loan: